Although there are a lot of bad things happened to me on 2016, there are a lot of good things that I am really thankful for. Last year, I started my own tradition of posting a thanksgiving blog entry on the first day of the year. A simple note to thank God and everyone who became part of my year.
I want to thank everyone for being with me over the past year. Losing someone you love is really hard and challenging. This post helps me reflect on where I’ve been and think about where I’m going. Thank you so much for being a part of it all and for coming along on this adventure with me. It wouldn’t be nearly as much fun without all of you!
- Mom joined Our Creator. It was a devastating way to start of the year. I am thankful to my supportive friends and family who helped ease our pain.
- I want to thank my new found friend, Anne, my best friends Rusell and Rizza, my very good friends Andre and JV for helping me get through my sadness (and boredom). I am thankful for the sleepovers, eat-outs and movie marathons that we had.
- The month I joined Rotary Club of Malolos Liping Hiyas. It started out as just a distraction and didn’t realized I will gain friends. This is indeed one of the best highlights of my year. I want to thank Jayson, Jonah, Apple, Kei, Terence and Cez for the wonderful moments.
- This is also our first Holy Week family outing without Mommy. We went to Clarkfield, Pampanga.
- My birthday month. Not in the mood for a celebration but thanks to my family and Rotary Club family for the mini surprise celebrations.
- I finally had the time to watch Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens. Thanks to Kino Suarez for the special edition Blu-Ray copy, haha!
- I also had a chance to go out. We went to Baguio for the Rotary District Conference.
- First Mother’s Day without mommy. Also the first time I visited mommy in the cemetery after months. We also went out to eat dinner.
- National Elections month. I voted for Mar Roxas and Leni Robredo!
- A very busy month for Rotary. DISTAS in Tagaytay, Awards Night in Manila Hotel and Duathlon.
- The month I left Nabo Australia and started to work with Lisa B again. Indeed, when one door closes, another one opens. I want to thank Lisa for having me on her team again.
- We met Daddy’s canine companion, Andy for the first time!
- First time in months that I went for a night out with friends.
- Father’s Day!
- More Rotary events and Friends’ night-outs to keep me distracted.
- I finally had the courage to design Mommy’s grave marker.
- Me and the whole family celebrated mommy’s birthday in Hong Kong. Lesson learned: you can’t escape sadness but having your family and friends with you eases the pain.
- I had a little reunion with my childhood friends, thank you Ian and Bren for the 25 years of friendship.
- I bought a brand new car! Never in my entire dream that I would have the opportunity to own a car. I thank the Lord for the blessing.
- Kuya Gary’s surprise birthday party at Luxent Hotel.
- A month of many firsts in driving. First driver’s license, first main road, first traffic, first major traffic, first solo flight, first 5, 10, 15 kilometers and more! Thank God for keeping me safe.
- Rusell’s surprise 30th Birthday party!
- The not so super moon. I finally had a chance to bring out my dusty telescope from the cabinet.
- I bought a classic Nintendo game console for no apparent reason, haha! I’m playing the nostalgic Super Mario games.
- Also Mommy’s first All Souls Day. Me and the whole family visited her in the cemetery.
- I also had a chance to meet my high school buddies, John Ross, Gio and Harold.
- Probably one of the best things that happened this year. I met Anna and Noel. We talked and catched up. Thank you guys for the friendship.
- I also had a chance to visit my GMA and meet my friends.
- My first dreaded (unsupervised) EDSA traffic!
- The month we first met, Bruno. Maxie’s new boyfriend!
- First Christmas party of Rotary Club of Malolos Liping Hiyas held at home.
- First Christmas and New Year without mommy.
So that wraps up my year. I can’t wait to see what 2017 brings in that regard. I would say that I am a very lucky person, but I know that it is not luck, but blessings. I am truly blessed. This year brought a lot more personal growth which always comes with a bit of strife. I truly believe that every situation you find yourself in will teach you something. Sometimes it’s difficult to learn lessons about yourself. But I do believe that trials and tribulations move us forward and bring joy through prayer and time with God. This year I was blessed by some incredible friendships and some cool experiences. My family is doing well and we are happy and healthy. What more can you ask for?
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
I appreciate all of you so much, all of your love and kindness and support!
I wish you the very best year ever! Cheers to 2017!